Tuesday, June 12, 2012

Watermelon Cooler..Thanda Thanda Cool Cool...

Now a days we are experiencing very hot summer days here and temperature is becoming unbearable...All that we crave is for some cool drink which would cool down our bodies.

I am not a great fan of any kind of sodas and I also get bored of store bought juices very soon...So also today I didnt really felt like cooking during afternoon..I wanted to stay away from sandwiches and thought a smoothie or healthy drink would be filling enough to carry me through the afternoon....I had a large piece of watermelon sitting in the refrigerator and decided to use it as the base for a drink...so also would surprise my husband with this one by offering him after his tiresome work at office...for sure he will be delighted as he loves watermelon.
Watermelon

The fact that it is only in season for such a short time means we try to eat it as often as we can during the few summer months when it is at its most refreshing and sweet stage.

Watermelon is a incredibly healthy food for all of us. This delicious food is packed with some of the most powerful antioxidants in nature, including Vitamin C,  Vitamin A and Vitamin B7. These reduce the chance of colon cancer, relieve some symptoms of osteoarthritis and rheumatoid arthritis, according to The World’s Healthiest Foods.

I have, in the past, found few watermelon recipes from internet that was just simple and perfect for what I was looking for. Also There are a lot of recipes floating in cyberspace that sound more like milk shakes than smoothies and I really was looking for something lighter and more healthy...I liked this recipe because It just took five minutes to assemble watermelon drink with less ingredients...so chosed this version.  It's a delicious drink when made with ripe watermelon.It tasted just amazing! Chilled Watermelon juice for a hot day, what else can anyone ask for?... I look forward to have it again and again. I think you might enjoy it as well.

So also This is one of the popular drinks during summer at my native.My mom used to prepare it always for my dad...So here is a summer recipe featuring watermelon flavor....almost loved and liked by kids also...Its really kid friendly recipe...

WATERMELON COOLER-THANDA THANDA COOL COOL





Ingredients:
4 cups cold watermelon chunks
1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
Chaat masala as per your taste
8 ice cubes
1 Tbsp lime juice(optional)
1 Tbsp honey or sugar(optional)

I didnt used sugar or honey and lime juice while preparing as my melon was very sweet and my hubby doesnt like lime juice..But still it tasted too good! yes my mom used to add as per her taste.

Instructions:
Combine all ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
Pour into glasses.
Serve chilled.

Also Ginger used here not only adds to taste and flavour but is a classic tonic for the digestive tract. It stimulates digestion and keeps the intestinal muscles toned. It acts as an anti-inflammatory agent and is useful with symptoms of arthritis. It also supports a healthy cardiovascular system.



Sending this to SHOWCASE- Fun in the Sun hosted by Divya...


also to CC-Splash in to summer...hosted by Sravs


and to Let’s Cook # 16 ~ Kids Special hosted by Radhika

Let's Cook - Kids Special

Thanks all for wonderful themes.....

1 comment: